Saturday, 13 September 2014

Tired

For a few months I have got a clue how a single mum must feel after her baby woke up at night and comes home after work and have to begin at a thousand chores waiting for her to do. I don't sleep very well and it doesn't matter if I.go to bed early or not, I wake up at around six in the morning and I can't sleep anymore. It's not the end of the world as we know it, but it's making me feel tired. Plus there are many things to be done. We are converting my daughters bedroom from a teenage girls room into an adult sleep/living room. Her stuff that belongs in closets that are not ready yet are all over our tiny little house.

Anyway on the bright side, my birthday is coming up: September 21st. I love it. I will be 55 this year. A twin year. my  5 will get a twin this year. Isn't that great? It only happens when you are born: 00, 11, 22, 33 and so on. Most people only get 6 or 7 of those special days in their life. Yesterday I heard from someone I knew once well, but lost track of him, his twin counter stopped at 4. Two kids 14 and 12. 
I heard he was diagnosed with cancer  a few months ago, but never knew. just read in some trash company newsletter he was gone.

Anyway I told you I look forward to my birthday. I was already looking if I could find the contour of my present somewhere, but my girls have hidden it well. They know me. I'm kid enough to go look if I can find my present somewhere just to guess what's in it.
I know.

A few nights sleep and I will be a twin. I hope I sleep a little better until that day.

10 comments:

  1. My next twin will be 55, some time away yet, but my kids will still be at school, which is a scary thought.
    Hope you sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that is scary, I should also be scared, because mine is too still at school. Don't you feel young, and pretty and in the best years of your life? I do. Well, most of the time. And not pretty but handsome. 55 will be a great year. I can't wait.

      Thank you for taking the time to comment,
      Han

      Delete
  2. I understand what you mean. If someone does not sleep well, everything feels more difficult to cope with.
    Han, now, I write something that maybe I should not. But try 1 g Paracetamol when you go to bed.
    Somehow, when you go to sleep deeper. This is called "all nurses sleep medicine .." .. lol ..

    Think how great it will be when the room is finished.
    Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Take it easy.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be stupid to ignore the nurses advice. I'm a lot of things, but not stupid. Thank you for your kind words.

      Han

      Delete
  3. In case I forget, Happy Birthday.


    55 - I remember 1955. My brother was born on 5/5 of that year, so he's a real 5555, he past that landmark a few years back though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful day that must have been May 5th, 2010. I'm crazy about numbers, or just plain crazy, so I really envy you brother. I'm looking forward to my twin year.

      Thanks for taking the time to comment,

      Han

      Delete
  4. As an apnoea patient, I know how tired you can be when sleep is too short or too light. When is doesn't get better, please sea your doctor. It isn't only the tiredness, but your health can get damaged seriously.
    My twin year will be in 10 years, when I can make it.
    I hope you'll sleep well this night.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have something in common, Appy, well maybe more than just one thing. I have a CPAP apparatus for a few years now. With my tinnitus it is an awful lot of noise sometimes in my head.

      Ah well, there are worse things in life. Anyway I hope when I retire from the working force at 65 you will be there to celebrate your twin year in good health. I'll come visit you and bring a piece of cake.

      I love it when you take the time to comment,

      Han

      Delete
  5. Hey Han...Hope you don't find your gifts and are truly surprised when your girls present you with them! ;) So sorry about your friend.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well I'm not worried for a moment I will find the presents. Even in our tiny house, if my wife and daughter don't want me to find them, there is no chance I will. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough and like to tease them a little by pretending I want to know...


      Thanks about the friend. You know, there are periods in your life all is quiet and there are periods one after another is gone.


      Nice of you to comment,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...